⚠⚠⚠ COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Update on March 16, 2020
As stated by the World Health Organization, and as confirmed by the Government of Québec, we are currently facing an international pandemic, COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
In accordance with government orders, be advised that we are taking the necessary and preventive measures in order to limit the spread of COVID-19. We are putting forward the following preventives measures:
- The Town Hall is closed. Any deposit or payment can be made in the deposit box located near the front door;
- For urgent cases only, you can contact our employees by email or by phone;
- We are ensuring that essential municipal services are maintained;
- The following activities are canceled:
- All Town related activities in the gymnasium of the elementary school;
- All Town related activities in the community rooms of Town Hall;
- Bibliothèque municipale et scolaire de Sutton and Bibliothèque Sutton Library;
- Activities of Centre d’Action Bénévole (CAB), except for the Food Bank, “Meals on Wheels” and home deliveries;
- Family Counter;
- Elementary School of Sutton and CPE/daycares services.
We ask you to strictly follow the preventives measures ordered by the Government of Quebec
- Reduce all non-essential contacts with others;
- When necessary, maintain a distance of 1 to 2 meters with others;
- Stay at home, except when necessary, if you are aged 70 and over;
- Be in preventive quarantine for 14 days after returning from a trip;
- Be in preventive quarantine for 14 days if you or a member of your entourage have flu or cold symptoms;
- Do not go to the grocery store, pharmacy or any other business if you should be in preventive quarantine;
- Wash your hands regularly;
- Always cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm.
For more information, call Government of Québec at 1-877-644-4545.