According to the regulations of the Ministère des Affaires Municipales et de l’Habitation (MAMH), the Toen of Sutton must replace flowmeters at the drinking water production plant (town sector) and this work will be done on September 4, 2019. Therefore, we are issuing a precautionary boil water notice which will take effect on September 4 at 10 pm, for the following sector:
SECTORS: all residents serviced by the aqueduct system in the Town’s sector
Drinking water in your sector will be considered unsafe to drink until further notice.
We suggest that you follow this precautionary boil water notice on our website www.sutton.ca and on our Facebook page starting on September 5, 2019.
Do not use tap water unless you have brought your water to a rolling boil for at least one minute, or use bottled water.
For more information, contact the Public Works service at 450-538-2290.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Previously boiled water, and boiled for at least one minute, must be used for the following purposes until further notice:
- When drinking and preparing beverages;
- When preparing infant formulas and baby food;
- When washing and preparing foods that are eaten raw (fruits, vegetables, etc.);
- When cooking food that does not require a long cooking time (canned soups, desserts, etc.);
- When making ice cubes;
- When brushing your teeth or rinsing you mouth.
Throw out ice cubes (do not forget the refrigerators’ water containers), drinks and foods prepared after the date and time mentioned above.
You may use unboiled tap water for:
- Washing dishes in hot water and drying them well;
- Washing clothes and taking a showing or a bath. When it comes to younger children, make sure that they do not swallow bath water or wash them with a washcloth.
Schools, companies, commercial establishments and institutions which are serviced: please notify your clientele that the water is unsafe for drinking. Close water fountains and post information in locations where water remains available. Furthermore, you should consult the following document: