Village sector – cleaning of the aqueduct system
Town of Sutton will be cleaning out the aqueduct system in the Village sector between August 15th to August 30 th, 2019 This operation can cause the water to look temporarily cloudy (not clear), or turn yellowish. If this is the case, before using it let the cold water run in your bathtub or sink until the water becomes clear again.
We apologize for any potential inconvenience.
Filtex : weekly update – August 5 to 9, 2019
- The removal of asbestos from building # 1 on Pine Street has been completed. The work was performed on August 5 and 6 .
- The asbestos removed has been deposited in an appropriate container inside the fenced perimeter of the site.
- Friday, August 9, the contractor B. Frégeau & Fils inc. began moving the heavy equipment onto the site (excavator, mobile elevating work platform etc.).
- The installation of the high, fine debris, anti-dispersion fence is in progress.
- The demolition and disposal of materials phase will start the week of August 12.
- For any questions please contact the Public Works Secretary, Jessica Savard, by phone at 450 538-2290 or by email to [email protected]
- You can consult the summary of the key facts regarding the demolition process of the former Filtex factory, published July 26, by clicking here.
NEW – Cultural Recreation Directory for Suttonites
In response to requests for information about the many activities being offered in Sutton and the surrounding area, the Town is now providing this new searchable directory of local cultural and recreational events.
Search by age, language, category or keyword. Explore some 60 different activities! From choir and reading clubs to pottery class, family reunions and dance classes. Fun for all ages!
Continuing the fight against illegal production of cannabis – Press release from Sureté du Québec
The Press release (in French only) is available here.
Reopening of the pool at Goyette-Hill Park
The quality of the water is back to normal, so the pool resumes its activites according to the regular schedule. We take this opportunity to remind swimmers of the importance of rinsing in the shower before entering the pool. This procedure avoids contaminating the pool water.
Thank you for you understanding.
Closure of the pool at Goyette-Hill Park
Due to the poor water quality, please note that the pool at Goyette-Hill Park is closed until further notice. All swimming lessons and free swimming periods are canceled. Of course, our team is working to solve this problem as quickly as possible.
Thank you for you understanding.
The demolition process of the old Filtex factory
An information session on the demolition of the old Filtex factory took place on Monday, July 15. If you would like to watch the entire session, click on this link. (Available in French only.)
You can also take a look at a summary of the information session by clicking here.
Information on the Filtex demolition will be updated regularly throughout the process.
The incredibles 2 (in English)
Friday, August 2, 2019 at 8:45 p.m.
(Films will be shown in the town hall Council Chamber in the event of bad weather)
Information: Jérémy Haman – [email protected] or 450-538-2290
Free compost distribution from August 1st to November 29th at the Régie’s composting platform in Cowansville
The press release in French only is available here.
Heat Wave – Free swim
In response to the overwhelming heat forecast announced for the week-end, the Town of Sutton is remembering you to stay hydrated, and to come at the pool and at the splash park for a refreshing afternoon. Thus, Friday, July 19th, the period reserved for the adult swimming is removed.
FREE SWIM HOURS AT THE GOYETTE-HILL SWIMMING POOL
- FRIDAY JULY 19th : 1:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- SATURDAY JULY 20th : 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- SUNDAY JULY 21th : 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.