The Public Works Department wishes to remind you of the following:
- Disassemble your items and separate your materials before coming to the Ecocentre (Example: vinyl must be separate from plywood before coming to the Ecocentre).
- Only residential material is accepted.
- No commercial material is accepted.
- The contents of the trailers accepted at the Ecocentre must be of a maximum volume of 64 cubic feet, the equivalent of a residential type trailer approximately 4 feet x 8 feet x 2 feet (1.8 cubic meters).
- HHW (Household Hazardous Waste) (paint and oil) must be in their original containers and in a maximum quantity of 8 gallons.
For the list of accepted and refused materials: follow this link.
Please note that the Cowansville Ecocentre will be exceptionally open twice in May, namely on Saturday May 4th and 18th. For the schedule of all the ecocentres, please consult this calendar.
Ecocentre employees reserve the right to refuse a citizen that does not respect
the operation rules and the prescribed quantities.