The MRC has mandated Mille lieux to proceed with the characterization of the Brome-Missisquoi Regional County’s landscapes. More specifically, the project will
- Undertake the characterization of landscape dynamics over the Brome-Missisquoi territory;
- Identify the main territorial dynamics and issues;
- Develop recommendations and concrete intervention actions to ensure the preservation and the enhancement of Brome-Missisquoi’s landscapes.
This would then make it possible for the MRC to ensure the conservation and the enhancement of the landscapes by using the Regional Development Plan, by implementing cultural and tourism projects that locals will become involved with.
It is essential that citizens and those involved with the territory value our landscapes.
Activity : participatory mapping : TOWN OF SUTTON
It would very useful if each citizen completed the map now available at the Cantine, located at 32 North Principale Street. Using the supplied pencil, you share with others the names of places which are not necessarily known by everyone and which have not been documented on official or tourism maps.
Objectives of this activity :
- To highlight the importance of these places which are not officially known by citizens;
- To discover new areas of belonging;
- To locate landscapes that the population value;
- To highlight informal names that the citizens use.
The activity ends April 15th, 2019
For further information regarding the overall project and activities underway, click on the following web site: https://mrcbm.qc.ca/fr/cult_paysages.php