Job offer: we still need a Day Camp Counselor!
the day camp counselor
we are looking for!
Do you want to spend the summer outdoors?
Are you an energetic person who wants to make a difference in their community?
This challenging job will allow you to gain work experience while having fun with children!
Join our renewed and highly motivated municipal team!
Who are we?
Located in the Brome-Missisquoi MRC, in the Eastern Townships, the town of Sutton is a charming municipality of over 4,000 permanent residents and 3,500 vacationers. It is known for offering a living environment that is highly appreciated by its citizens and its many tourists, notably thanks to its
many natural, recreational and cultural attractions, but also to its community dynamism. Anchored in a sustainable development and landscape protection approach, the municipal team deploys all its energy and skills to preserve the quality of its services.
What will you do?
- Supervise a group of children while ensuring their safety;
- Set up various activities for your group and follow a program established by the camp coordinator;
- Plan and be in charge of the logistics for the realization of the activities;
- Be a positive leader and a role model for the youth;
- Supervision in the extended daycare service;
- Provide an unforgettable summer for the children.
Who are we looking for?
Qualities and skills sought:
- Enjoy working with youth aged 5 to 12 years old;
- Ability to lead a group of children;
- Being dynamic;
- Have a sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Be bilingual (French and English);
- Perform all necessary related tasks.
To fulfill the requirements of the position, you must:
- Be over 15 years of age;
- Have experience in day camp supervision (an asset)
- Demonstrate leadership and autonomy;
- Have good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate with teammates;
- Have a DAFA certification (an asset);
- Training in camp first aid is an asset.
What are your conditions?
- Paid preliminary training ;
- Full-time employment up from now and until August 19th
- 40 hours per week
- Variable schedule between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday
- Salary starting at 15$ / hour
If you want to take up the challenge, apply immediately by sending us your resume with your cover letter mentioning the position title by email to:
Town of Sutton
11 Principale Street South
Sutton (Quebec) J0E 2K0
The first applications will be reviewed starting March 17, 2022, and the position will remain open until filled.
All applications will be acknowledged, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest!