Job offer : Director of Urbanism and Land-Use Planning
Located in the Brome-Missisquoi MRC, the Town of Sutton is a municipality with more than 4,000 permanent residents and more than 3,500 part-time residents. Recognized for providing an enviable standard of living for citizens and the many tourists who stay there, thanks to its principles of sustainable development and protection of its landscapes. The Town is currently looking for a :
DIRECTOR OF URBANISM AND LAND-USE PLANNING
Under the authority of the Director General, the Director of Urbanism and Land-Use Planning is responsible for designing, developing, directing and evaluating all municipal activities under his/her management. He/she plays a strategic role within the organization providing advice and guidance in relation to his area of expertise and management. The tasks to be performed are as follows:
- Plans, directs, organizes and controls the work of all staff under his/her responsibility;
- Prepares the budget estimates of his/her department according to the annual budget process;
- Plans and administers the budgets allocated to his service to complete different projects;
- Prepares and ensures the follow-up of recommendation reports required by general management or by the municipal council;
- Establishes a partnership with the promoters of major development projects and acts as a facilitator to guide them in realizing their projects;
- Monitors specific files submitted by the Council or management, particularly in matter of development and expansion of road and infrastructure networks;
- Collaborates with other departments of the municipality in the development and implementation of various projects;
- Participates in the Management Committee of Directors and Coordinators on a regular basis;
- Supervises the relationships of his/her department with the various clienteles in order to provide a cordial atmosphere;
- Ensures proper handling and follow-up of complaints and requests relating to urbanism planning and nuisances;
- Acts as a liaison with various organizations.
The candidate sought has the following profile:
- hold an undergraduate (bachelor’s) or post-graduate degree in town planning;
- have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- know the laws and regulations in his/her area of competence;
- be a member of the Ordre des urbanistes du Québec or becoming one;
- demonstrate leadership and an ability to communicate and mobilize work teams;
- be bilingual, well developed ability to summarize and a keen political sense;
- knowledge of office software and of the computer tools required to use the content of the software.
The Town of Sutton offers a competitive salary and a full range of social benefits. Salary is determined according to the current salary structure.
Those interested in applying to work with a dynamic team may send their curriculum vitae and a covering letter before March 5, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. by e-mail or by mail to the following address:
Town of Sutton
Pascal Smith, Director General
11 South Principale Street
Sutton, Quebec J0E 2K0
The Town of Sutton is committed to the equal access employment program and encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people as well as handicapped persons to submit their application.
Only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted.