Job offer: Maintenance Worker
Are you looking for new horizons?
We are recruiting!
the Maintenance Worker
we are looking for!
Are you interested in housekeeping?
Do you like city-wide challenges?
Join our dynamic and highly motivated municipal team!
Who are we?
Located in the Brome-Missisquoi MRC, in the Eastern Townships, the town of Sutton is a charming municipality of more than 4,000 permanent residents and 3,500 vacationers. It is known for offering a living environment that is highly appreciated by its citizens and its many tourists, notably thanks to its
many natural, recreational and cultural attractions, but also to its community dynamism. Anchored in a sustainable development and landscape protection approach, the municipal team deploys all its energy and skills to meet the needs of its citizens.
What will you do?
The incumbent will perform routine housekeeping duties for all municipal buildings (cleaning of common areas, windows, offices, floors, etc.) as well as some general maintenance work on the buildings. The incumbent may be called upon to perform any other related duties as requested by his/her supervisor.
Who are we looking for?
To meet the requirements of the position, you must:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a vehicle (travel expenses will be reimbursed according to the collective agreement in effect).
- Have relevant knowledge in housekeeping and building maintenance.
Depending on the profile sought, you must also:
- Be an autonomous, rigorous and versatile person.
- Be resourceful.
- Be physically fit.
- Be able to work alone.
What are your benefits?
The salary and benefits of the position are governed by the current collective agreement, which is outlined below:
- Permanent, full-time position, 35 hours/week.
- Negotiable schedule.
- Annual vacation according to the collective agreement in effect.
- 14 paid holidays per year.
- Bank of 10 sick days.
- Group insurance.
- Advantageous pension plan.
- Competitive hourly wage starting at $21.52 per hour.
If you are ready to take up the challenge, apply immediately by sending us your resume with your cover letter mentioning the title of the position before September 12, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. by email to:
Town of Sutton
11 Principale Street South
Sutton (Quebec) J0E 2K0
Please note that we will acknowledge receipt of all applications, but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!