Job offer: Secretary in the land use planning and development service
Located in the MRC Brome-Missisquoi, the town of Sutton is a municipality of more than 4,000 permanent residents and more than 3,500 part-time residents. It is known for offering an enviable living environment to its citizens and to the many tourists who visit the area thanks to its many natural, recreational and cultural attractions. As part of a sustainable development and landscape protection approach, the Town of Sutton is presently looking for a candidate to fulfill a position of:
SECRETARY IN THE LAND USE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
Under the authority of the Director of Urbanism and Land-Use Planning the person holding the position is responsible for performing certain clerical tasks in support of the employees in the department, in particular the following tasks:
Roles and responsibilities
- Have strong secretarial skills in basic secretarial functions such as writing, presentation, filing correspondence and files, taking and transmitting messages;
- Answer citizens’ questions or direct them to the right resource and, if necessary, provide them with the required information;
- Provide information on permit applications, complete permit applications and forward permits, authorizations and resolutions to applicants;
- Provide secretarial services for the Toponymy Committee;
- Be responsible for classifying and updating permit files, including requests related to the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Council (summary of permits issued);
- Translate short texts and correspondence from French to English.
Education and experience
- Hold a diploma in professional studies (DPS) in the secretarial field or any other training deemed equivalent;
Skills and qualifications
- Knowledge about the municipal sector and customer service is an asset;
- Knowledge in town planning is an asset;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English;
- Master Microsoft Office software;
- Having a good knowledge of permit software and PG geomatics is an asset;
- Having a good knowledge of SyGED PG software is an asset
- The qualities sought are the ability to work as part of a team, have excellent communication skills when dealing with the public, be punctual, have organizational skills, have initiative and be autonomous.
- Permanent position, full-time (35 hours/week) from 8:30 am to noon and 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Starting as soon as possible.
- Salary and benefits according to the collective agreement in force.
Those wishing to apply must submit their curriculum vitae together with a presentation letter before June 18, 2021, at 4 p.m., to the attention of:
Director of Urbanism and Land-Use Planning
Town of Sutton
11 Principale St. South
Sutton, Québec J0E 2K0
Or by email at the following address: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply but advise them that the Town of Sutton shall only contact candidates selected for an interview.