Job offer: Treasury Clerk | Payroll Technician
Treasury Clerk | Payroll Technician
we are looking for!
Who are we?
Located in the Brome-Missisquoi MRC in the Eastern Townships, the Town of Sutton is a charming municipality of over 4,500 permanent residents and 3,500 vacationers. It’s known for offering a living environment that’s much appreciated by its citizens, and for its many natural, recreational, and cultural attractions, as well as for its dynamic community. Anchored in the principles of sustainable development and landscape protection, the municipal team deploys all its energy and skills to meet the needs of its citizens.
What will you do?
The incumbent of this position will act as a treasury clerk | payroll technician and this includes four (4) areas of expertise, namely payroll, taxation, accounts payable and infrastructures. The treasury clerk | payroll technician produces payroll and ensures compliance of payroll-related activities. In addition, they contribute to a range of tasks in the Treasury department, including taxation and collection, updating the assessment roll, and preparing the documents required for the budget process and audit files.
More specifically, this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out various technical and administrative tasks related to the remuneration of Town employees;
- Ensure compliance with deadlines, and follow-up and administrative control of files under his/her responsibility;
- Carry out operational or administrative tasks required for payroll production, and take appropriate corrective action as needed;
- Ensure compliance with the various laws, collective agreements, employment contracts and Board resolutions pertaining to payroll;
- Calculate amounts, then prepare and make payments for various remittances (legal deductions, union dues, withdrawal funds and group RRSPs, group insurance and others) and transfer them to the appropriate governmental and institutional authorities within the deadlines prescribed by the applicable laws, and ensure follow-up;
- Carry out verifications, analyses, corrections and the production of tax slips, and forward them to employees and the relevant authorities;
- Verify and follow the various data transfer procedures;
- Carry out any other related tasks required by the position or by department management.
Note: The list of responsibilities listed above reflects the characteristic elements of the position and should not be considered an exhaustive list of all occupational requirements associated with the position.
Who are we looking for?
To fulfill the requirements of the position, you must:
- Have a College Diploma (DEC) in accounting and three years of relevant professional experience, or a DEP in accounting and five years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in payroll processing and knowledge of applicable provincial and federal labour standards and legislation;
- Experience working in a municipal environment (an asset);
- Mastery of accounting concepts related to the fields of expertise sought;
- Knowledge of PG Solutions Megagest’s accounting system (an asset);
- Excellent knowledge of the Office 365 suite;
- Personal qualities such as a positive attitude, team spirit, discretion, interpersonal skills and attention to detail;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
Any relevant combination of training and experience may also be considered.
What are your benefits?
Salary and benefits for the position are governed by the current collective agreement in effect, which is outlined below:
- Permanent, full-time position, 35 hours/week (occasional telecommuting available) ;
- Annual vacations according to the current collective agreement in effect ;
- Summer schedule: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., from May to October;
- 14 paid holidays per year and a bank of 10 sick days;
- Group insurance and pension benefits;
- Competitive hourly wage starting at $29.25 per hour.
Candidates interested in becoming part of a dynamic team should send their curriculum vitae with a cover letter before 4 p.m. on October 17, 2023, by e-mail or by mail to the following address:
Town of Sutton
11, Principale Sud Street
Sutton (Québec) J0E 2K0
The Town of Sutton would like to thank everyone who will have shown their interest. However, the Town of Sutton will only get in touch with the candidates selected for an interview. Thank you !