Water service break and precautionary boil water advisory – May 20, 2020
Town of Sutton will carry out maintenance work on the aqueduct system in the sector Wednesday, May 20th 2020. There will be a temporary interruption of service.
SECTOR: Chemin des Alleghanys
Following this interruption, drinking water in your sector is considered unsafe to drink for at least 96 hours or until further notice.
Do not use tap water unless you have brought your water to a rolling boil for at least one minute, or use bottled water.
For more information, contact us at 450-538-2290.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Previously boiled water, and boiled for at least one minute, must be used for the following purposes until further notice:
- When drinking and preparing beverages;
- When preparing infant formulas and baby food;
- When washing and preparing foods that are eaten raw (fruits, vegetables, etc.);
- When cooking food that does not require a long cooking time (canned soups, desserts, etc.)
- When making ice cubes;
- When brushing your teeth or rinsing you mouth.
Throw out ice cubes (do not forget the refrigerators’ water containers), drinks and foods prepared after the date and time mentioned above.
You may use unboiled tap water for:
- Washing dishes in hot water and drying them well;
- Washing clothes and taking a showing or a bath. When it comes to younger children, make sure that they do not swallow bath water or wash them with a washcloth.
Schools, companies, commercial establishments and institutions which are serviced: please notify your clientele that the water is unsafe for drinking. Close water fountains and post information in locations where water remains available. Furthermore, you should consult the following document:
Subscribe to this service, free of charge, to receive instantly alerts and notifications from Town of Sutton. To subscribe, please visit our Web site at www.sutton.ca or call us at 450-538-2290.