Water works – service interruption and precautionary boil water advisory – October 16, 2018
Town of Sutton must proceed with some water works in sector 60 to 79 Mountain, Billings and Tournesol due to old pumping station, Tuesday 16 October 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m., if there is constraint the works will be Wednesday October 17th. There will be a temporary interruption of service. Therefore, if necessary, please make sure that you have a supply of water.
Following the interruption, drinking water in your sector will be considered unsafe to drink for at least 96 hours or until further notice.
Do not use tap water unless you have brought your water to a rolling boil for at least one minute, or use bottled water. For more information, contact us at 450-538-2290.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Previously boiled water, and boiled for at least one minute, must be used for the following purposes until further notice:
- When drinking and preparing beverages;
- When preparing infant formulas and baby food;
- When washing and preparing foods that are eaten raw (fruits, vegetables, etc.);
- When cooking food that does not require a long cooking time (canned soups, desserts, etc.)
- When making ice cubes;
- When brushing your teeth or rinsing you mouth.
Throw out ice cubes (do not forget the refrigerators’ water containers), drinks and foods prepared after the date and time mentioned above.
You may use unboiled tap water for:
- Washing dishes in hot water and drying them well;
- Washing clothes and taking a showing or a bath. When it comes to younger children, make sure that they do not swallow bath water or wash them with a washcloth.
Schools, companies, commercial establishments and institutions which are serviced: please notify your clientele that the water is unsafe for drinking. Close water fountains and post information in locations where water remains available. Furthermore, you should consult the following document: