Recreation and Sports Life
During the COVID-19 pandemic period, the health measures in force are applicable and may modify the rules of sports and recreational activities.
Swimming Pool Activities
The municipal swimming pool will open on Saturday June 19, 2021.
Free Water Play Park
Open from May to September
For everyone, every day from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Summer Day Camp
The information below concerns the 2021 day camp exclusively. Please note that registration is closed.
The Sutton day camp program allows children from ages five (having completed their kindergarten) to twelve to enjoy unforgettable and enriching life experiences, for one or more weeks, or all summer. Once a week, an outing is organized. *
* To be confirmed according to the health regulations in force in connection with COVID-19
- Weekly program, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Goyette-Hill Park.
- Daycare services are available before and after these times (7:30 - 9 a.m. and 4 - 5:30 p.m.)
1. June 28 - July 2, 2021
2. July 5 - 9, 2021
3. July 12 - 16, 2021
4. July 19 - 23, 2021
5. July 26 - 30, 2021
6. August 2 - 6, 2021
7. August 9 - 13, 2021
8. August 16 - 20, 2021
Outdoor ice rink
SKATING RINK AND ICE PATH
The skating rink and the ice path are open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The park services pavillon is currently open to the public for a maximum of 10 people inside. Wearing a mask inside is mandatory.
The ice rink can accommodate a maximum of 25 people.
- Note that it is strictly forbidden to play hockey on the ice path.
Please see the Town's web site for the status of the rink and the ice path. The quality of the ice can vary depending on weather conditions.
For more information on the guidelines for winter activities, please refer to the following site: https://www.quebec.ca/tourisme-et-loisirs/activites-sportives-et-de-plein- air / directives-specific-leisure-sport /
Opening period for the tennis courts - May 1 to October 31, 2021
(Warning: dates can be changed depending on weather conditions: watch the news!)
New: access to the courts is free!
The tennis courts, located at the Goyette-Hill park, are accessible from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. during theiir opening season period.
Sutton School Gymnasium Activities
PRACTICE OF FREE BADMINTON IN THE SCHOOL GYMNASIUM
The Sutton School gymnasium is hosting free badminton practices: three badminton courts are available for singles play from Saturday, May 8 to Friday, June 18. The hours are 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends. Reservation is FREE and EXCLUSIVE to Sutton residents. Please have proof of residence on the day you play.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, several health measures will be in effect to allow the activity to take place. You should:
- Complete the attendance register on your arrival and have your proof of residence with you.
- Wear the mask when moving inside the gymnasium; you will be able to remove your mask only during the game.
- Clean your hands on arrival (disinfectant available).
- Do not use the changing rooms which are closed: you must arrive already ready to play.
- Play in singles only: a maximum of 2 people only per court is allowed.
- Competitions are prohibited.
- The presence of spectators is prohibited.
IMPORTANT: Reservations are MANDATORY. You must book online in advance at https://www.amilia.com/store/fr/ville-de-sutton/shop/programs according to the following schedule:
- To reserve a court between Saturday, May 8 and Friday, May 21, 2021, you must register online between April 26 and April 30, 2021.
- To reserve a court between Saturday, May 22 and Friday, June 4, 2021, you must register online between May 10 and May 14.
- To reserve a court between Saturday, June 5 and Friday, June 18, 2021, you must register online between May 24 and May 28.