Deployment of optical fibre—update as of December 20, 2021
IHR Télécom has released its latest update.
Here are the advances highlighted by IHR with its calendar update:
- The network is now 100% complete in the town of Stanbridge East;
- The receipt of permits has come a long way in the last month. The municipalities of Farnham, Bromont and Sutton are 10% complete and West Bolton is 11% complete;
- Dunham has passed the 90% completion mark. The remaining unserved areas will be serviced via Brome Lake and Sutton, which explains the additional delay for the last households;
- The connection continues to evolve in Brigham with an increase of 4%;
- The network is starting to be turned on in Abercorn: 15% of the addresses in the deployment plan have access to the high-speed Internet network;
- In Sutton, the construction of the demarcation boxes has started. This crucial step must be completed in order to provide access to high-speed Internet service;
- The construction of the network has progressed particularly in West Bolton (14%), Cowansville (11%), Brome Lake (7%) and Sutton (10%);
- The total number of doors with access to IHR Telecom’s high speed network in Brome-Missisquoi now stands at 5010;
- An increase of 173 doors is to be reported since the last update of the calendar;
REMINDER: Citizens must register their desire for IHR services in advance to be considered for facilities.
If you wish to benefit from fiber optics when it becomes available, you must first contact IHR Customer Service by phone at 450-346-0057 or 1-888-346-0057, or complete the online registration form at https://ihrtelecom.com/inscription/. Once the signal is confirmed at the requested address, the resident will be contacted to arrange an installation date.