Student in civil engineering
Public Works Department
Located in the Eastern Townships, the Town of Sutton is known for its splendid landscapes, its cultural activities and its focus on sustainable development. The Town is currently looking for a student in civil engineering – Public Works Department.
Under the authority of the Public Works Director, the person holding the position will assume, working alone or in a team, various tasks relating to maintenance and the data field collection of municipal infrastructures.
- Collect data for the development of the asset management program;
- Complete various reports concerning urban infrastructures and measure the levels of slopes;
- Perform quality control of road infrastructures;
- Assist the Public Works department with supervising local Town work and contracting-out work;
- Perform other duties and requested by your supervisor.
- First year completed in Technical Civil Engineering (college level);
- Be a full-time student who will continue studying in September 2019;
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s licence;
- Have a ASP construction safety card for construction sites;
- Must be willing to work on construction sites;
- Must have appropriate abilities, personality characteristics and other appropriate personal qualities.
- Full time student position (approximatively 12 weeks spread over May and August 2019);
- The selected candidate will have to obtain a police good conduct or a criminal background verification certificate delivered by a Police department, before his employment is confirmed.
Those interested in applying can send their resume and cover letter before May 10th, 2019, 3 p.m., by email or by mail to the attention of:
Town Of Sutton
Mr. Nicolas-Éric Vary, Director of Public Works
11, South Principale Street
Sutton (Québec) J0E 2K0
By email at the following address: [email protected]
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.