Deployment of optical fiber – information as of September 21, 2022
IHR Telecom has provided this latest information:
HR is aware that the projects are not complete according to the schedule that was produced at the beginning of 2022. Despite the challenges IHR faces, such as labor shortages at suppliers and subcontractors, IHR is constantly in solution mode to deliver services to the homes on the fiber projects in a timely manner. IHR is particularly proud of the work accomplished in the last few months as tremendous progress has been made and hard work continues to complete the commitments.
Thank you for your patience!
Here are the highlights from their latest update:
- In Bromont, a 9% increase in network construction which is very close to 100% in that municipality;
- Progress in the construction of the network in Brome Lake has allowed for 261 additional homes to be connected in this municipality;
- The high speed internet network has become available to many homes in the towns of :
- West Bolton (+14%)
- Brigham (+9%)
- Brome (+11%)
- Bromont (+9%)
- Cowansville (+1%)
- Dunham (+1%)
- Farnham (+2%)
- Brome Lake (+16%)
- Sustained efforts to finalize the construction of the network in the Town of Sutton and West Bolton are bearing fruit. The Sutton head-end is now in operation, which will allow for the completion of several sectors in the near future;
- IHR has started the connections in Sutton with 5% completed;
- In parallel to the work being done on the Connect to Innovate project, the Lightning II project is making considerable progress as can be seen by looking at the evolution of the construction identified as Lightning.
- The number of doors served is now 8049;
- An increase of 563 doors since the last schedule update
Specific information regarding connections in Sutton:
- Most of boxes have been installed in the residences that had indicated their interest in IHR Telecom services;
- The line head is now supplied with electricity and has the necessary elements to feed the network;
- Work is underway to install the final domes that must be merged to connect the signal to the line head;
- Once all the domes are merged, the Sutton network will be able to turn on and be operational.
To follow the information: see their deployment page
IMPORTANT REMINDER: It is imperative that citizens contact IHR Telecom in advance to express their interest in obtaining their services in order to be considered in the installation schedule.
If you wish to benefit from fiber optics when it becomes available, you must first contact IHR Customer Service by phone at 450-346-0057 or 1-888-346-0057, or complete the online registration form at https://ihrtelecom.com/inscription/. Once the signal is confirmed at the requested address, the resident will be contacted to arrange an installation date.