Extraordinary session tomorrow to adopt the 2022 budget
The council will vote on the 2022 budget at the extraordinary meeting of January 26, 2022.
Here are the main key facts that will be proposed:
- The budget will total 13 155 498$.
- The basic property tax rate for all categories will be frozen.
- The debt service tax rate payable by all will be increased from ¢7.4 to ¢8.2 per $100 of assessment;
- The annual cost of waste collection will be increased to reflect the actual cost of service;
- Water and septic tank emptying rates will remain unchanged, while the cost of sewer service will be increased.
A detailed presentation to explain the 2022 budget and the three-year program (PTI) will take place during the 7:30 p.m. extraordinary council meeting of January 26, 2022. It can be watched live during the meeting or as a replay on the Town of Sutton’s YouTube channel which broadcasts all the public council meetings on-line. The information will also be published on the Town’s web site.
All questions regarding the 2022 budget and the 2022-2023-2024 three-year program must be received by 4 p.m. January 26, 2022 using the e-mail [email protected]. Questions about the detailed presentation or received after this date will be treated at the council meeting of February 2, 2022.