Reminder: contest to participate in a unique puppet workshop of the Théâtre de la Dame de Coeur on June 24th!
Registration extended until Tuesday, June 21
The 2022 Fête Nationale du Québec will take place on June 24 in various locations in the Town of Sutton. This year, your Municipality has decided to add an extra dimension to it by offering an activity animated by the Théâtre de la Dame de Cœur. Children and adults alike will be amazed!
Professional puppeteers will offer two 25-minute workshops that will allow participating teams to experience the adventure of creating and manipulating giant puppets. After creating an imaginary character, participants will bring their character to life in a playful choreography. Then, the puppeteers will wander through the park with their giant puppets.In the manner of the gigantic mascots, the strolling animation will create a magical atmosphere on this day of celebration of the 2022 Fête Nationale du Québec.
Get a chance to participate in a workshop!
Spaces in these puppet manipulation workshops are limited to à total of 20 teams of a maximum of 5 people each, and are offered on a competitive basis as described below. You must fill out the form available here* before Tuesday, June 21 to get a chance to participate in one of these fantastic workshops offered by the Théâtre de la Dame de Cœur!
* To complete the form in English, you must select the English version from the menu on the right of the header.
Since this year’s provincial theme for the Fête Nationale du Québec is “Our Language of a Thousand Accents”, the winning teams will be chosen based on the originality and humour of their description of their favourite Quebec expression. This expression can be a general expression, for example: ” It’s raining cats and dogs “, ” Kill two birds with one stone “, ” Break a leg “, etc.”, but you can also tell us about a family expression that you alone use.
- The contest is open to families, adults and seniors. Participating children must be over the age of 5*;
- You must create a team of 3 to 5 participants maximum with at least one adult per group;
- The team can participate in only one workshop;
- Only one application per team is accepted;
- All participants must be residents of Sutton;
- You must be available on Friday June 24th.
* Children under 5 years old are too small to handle the puppets.
In the online form, you will need to provide the following information:
- Name, first name and age of your team captain;
- Last name, first name and age of each participant on your team;
- Your address, email and phone number where you can be reached;
- Your schedule preference (10:00 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.);
- The name chosen for your team;
- Description of your favourite Quebec expression and why it is your favourite.
Winners will be chosen based on the originality of the chosen Quebec expression and compliance with the contest conditions.
The results of the contest will be announced on Wedneday, June 22 at 4:00 pm. The list of winners will be posted on our social networks and on the bulletin board near the post office. The captains of the winning teams will be contacted individually by email and/or phone.
For more information, you can contact Marie-Claude Plasse, Cultural Officer, by email [email protected] or by phone 450-538-2290.
The Théâtre de la Dame de Cœur
Founded in 1975 in Montreal, the Théâtre de la Dame de Coeur is now firmly rooted in its community, in Upton, in the Montérégie region. A whole ecosystem is at work to create extraordinary giant puppet shows, either during large-scale outdoor shows in Upton or during activities offered to the public in their own environment, as will be the case in Sutton during the Fête nationale du Québec, on June 24.
To learn more about the Théâtre de la Dame de cœur, click here (in French only).