Water main break—interruption of service precautionary boil water advisory – June 15, 2021
SECTOR: Principale Nord Street starting at civic number 86, Woodard Road, Royea, Buenavista, Sénécal Streets.
Following this interruption, drinking water in this sector is considered unsafe to drink for at least 96 hours or until further notice.
Do not use tap water unless you have brought your water to a rolling boil for at least one minute, or use bottled water.
For more information, contact us at 450-538-2290.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Water previously boiled for at least one minute, or bottled water, must be used for the following purposes until further notice:
- When drinking and preparing beverages;
- When preparing infant formulas and baby food;
- When washing and preparing foods that are eaten raw (fruits, vegetables, etc.);
- When cooking food that does not require a long cooking time (canned soups, desserts, etc.)
- When making ice cubes;
- When brushing your teeth or rinsing your mouth.
- Throw out ice cubes (do not forget the refrigerators’ water containers), drinks and foods prepared after the date and time mentioned above.
You may use tap water for:
- Washing dishes in hot water and drying them well;
- Washing clothes and taking a shower or a bath. When it comes to younger children, make sure that they do not swallow bath water or wash them with a washcloth.
Schools, companies, commercial establishments and institutions which are serviced: please notify your clientele that the water is unsafe for drinking. Close water fountains and post information in locations where water remains available. Furthermore, you should consult the following document: