Deployment of optical fibre—update as of February 14, 2022
As IHR Telecom has exceeded the dates that were originally planned for the deployment project for the 90% complete construction forecast, they are currently working on a revised schedule. This revised deployment schedule will include the addresses listed in the Projet Éclair.
It will be released at the next schedule update on March 14.
Here are the advances highlighted by IHR Télécom with its calendar update:
- Permits continue to be received for West Bolton (+7%), Bromont (+7%) and Sutton (+6%);
- Permits are now 100% received for the municipality of Brigham and Brome Lake, which will allow construction to continue in these sectors;
- The construction of the network has advanced particularly in Farnham (+5%), Brigham (+6%), Bromont (+3%), Sutton (+11%) and West Bolton (+5%). The progression has been constant despite the cold period which normally causes a slowdown in construction;
- The connection in Frelighsburg reached the 90% mark;
- The network has lit up considerably in Farnham, going from 18% to 72% of the doors planned for the deployment project, an increase of 54%!
- The network has also turned on significantly in Abercorn going from 18% to 93% in just 1 month, an increase of 78%!
- The total number of doors with access to IHR Telecom’s high speed network in Brome-Missisquoi now stands at 5,803;
- An increase of 693 doors since the last update of the calendar;
IMPORTANT REMINDER: It is imperative that citizens contact IHR Telecom in advance to express their interest in obtaining their services in order to be considered in the installation schedule.
If you wish to benefit from fiber optics when it becomes available, you must first contact IHR Customer Service by phone at 450-346-0057 or 1-888-346-0057, or complete the online registration form at https://ihrtelecom.com/inscription/. Once the signal is confirmed at the requested address, the resident will be contacted to arrange an installation date.