Deployment of optical fibre—update as of August 16, 2022
IHR Telecom has revised its deployment schedule of optical fibre in Brome-Missisquoi MRC, as well as its color-coded geographic map.
Here are the progresses in the construction of the network since last month:
- The network has lit up across the towns of:
- West Bolton (+27%)
- Brigham (+5%)
- Brome (+33%)
- Cowansville (+6%)
- Farnham (+3%)
- Lac-Brome (+11%)
- Network construction in Farnham has increased by 11%; connections will be completed soon.
- West Bolton has made good progress over the past month. Construction is now 95% complete.
- The number of doors served is now 7486.
- An increase of 483 doors since the last schedule update.
Specific information regarding connections in Sutton:
- Most of boxes have been installed in the residences that had indicated their interest in IHR Telecom services;
- The line head is now supplied with electricity and has the necessary elements to feed the network;
- Work is underway to install the final domes that must be merged to connect the signal to the line head;
- Once all the domes are merged, the Sutton network will be able to turn on and be operational.
Weekly updates on the situation in Sutton have been requested from IHR Telecom until the final connection scheduled for September 30th.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: It is imperative that citizens contact IHR Telecom in advance to express their interest in obtaining their services in order to be considered in the installation schedule.
If you wish to benefit from fiber optics when it becomes available, you must first contact IHR Customer Service by phone at 450-346-0057 or 1-888-346-0057, or complete the online registration form at https://ihrtelecom.com/inscription/. Once the signal is confirmed at the requested address, the resident will be contacted to arrange an installation date.