Mémoires en fête on October 15 and 16: Celebrating Sutton’s past together!
An invitation from the Héritage Sutton Historical society: A weekend of memories taking place in the heart of Sutton’s agricultural history.
What? An opportunity for the entire population to remember, discover and share pages from Sutton’s history. Bring your own old photos of Sutton!
When? Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16, 2022, from noon to 5 p.m.
Where? At the Sutton School of Art, 79 Principale Street South (site of the former Sutton dairy).
Free admission. Voluntary contributions are suggested. Accessible for handicapped and mobility-impaired persons.
On the program:
- An opportunity to turn the pages of Héritage Sutton photo albums and help identify local people, places and events.
- Free on-site digitization of photos of Sutton historical interest that you bring with you.
- Guided tours of the old dairy, led by former employees, to learn how it operated and understand the daily lives of the people who worked there.
- Discovery games for children.
- An exhibition of vintage tools and equipment used by the region’s agricultural producers.
MÉMOIRES EN FÊTE: an opportunity to enrich the collective memory for generations to come. Come with your family, with your friends, and share your Sutton with us!
OUR COLLECTIVE MEMORY IS ENRICHED BY WHAT EACH OF US ADDS TO IT!
MÉMOIRES EN FÊTE is part of Héritage Sutton’s mission to preserve the history of Sutton and its surroundings and that of the people and families who wrote it, by collecting, preserving, and promoting documents, photos and testimonials.