Water main break – interruption of service and precautionary boil water advisory on Church Street
The Town of Sutton wishes to inform concerned citizens that a break occurred on the water system on Church Street on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. Drinking water service was interrupted to allow the Public Works and Fixed Assets Department to carry out the repair work.
SECTOR: The entire Church Street
As a result of this interruption in service, a precautionary boil water advisory is in effect as of today, January 19, 2022, for a minimum of 96 hours or until further notice.
|Concerned citizens should boil their tap water thoroughly for at least 1 minute before drinking or use bottled water|
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Water previously boiled for at least one minute, or bottled water, must be used for the following purposes until further notice:
- When drinking and preparing beverages;
- When preparing infant formulas and baby food;
- When washing and preparing foods that are eaten raw (fruits, vegetables, etc.);
- When cooking food that does not require a long cooking time (canned soups, desserts, etc.)
- When making ice cubes;
- When brushing your teeth or rinsing your mouth.
- Throw out ice cubes (do not forget the refrigerators’ water containers), drinks and foods prepared after the date and time mentioned above.
You may use unboiled tap water for:
- Washing dishes in hot water and drying them well;
- Washing clothes and taking a shower or a bath. When it comes to younger children, make sure that they do not swallow bath water or wash them with a washcloth.
Furthermore, you should consult the following document: http://www.mapaq.gouv.qc.ca/fr/Restauration/Qualitedesaliments/securitealiments/Pages/avisebullition.aspx.
Companies, commercial establishments and institutions which are serviced: please notify your clientele that the water is unsafe for drinking. Close water fountains and post information in locations where water remains available. Furthermore, you should consult the following document:
For more information, contact the Public Works and Fixed Assets Department at 450-538-2290.
Sign up for CITAM, this free service to receive municipal communications in real time! Visit our website at www.sutton.ca to register or call 450-538-2290.