Sutton’s new organizational chart
Sutton, May 3, 2021 — During today’s council meeting, the Town of Sutton unveiled its new organizational chart, which is the product of an in-depth analysis of the municipality’s organizational system that was requested by the Town Council and carried out by general management.
The revision of the organizational chart arose in part from the Town’s wish to strengthen its connection to its citizens by listening with sensitivity. By creating new positions and renaming various department titles, the new municipal structure clarifies its departments’ remits and their interrelationships as well as their responsibilities vis à vis the demands and needs expressed by the population.
- A post of Deputy General Manager | Relations with Citizens has been created and entrusted to Louis Pilon. He will be responsible for responding to requests and complaints by the town’s residents, always in a spirit of openness and efficiency. He will also carry out internal analysis of municipal services in order to improve, simplify, or speed up (as appropriate), current processes with the aim of achieving greater public satisfaction.
The merging of two departments into one large Recreation, Community Life, and Culture Department, managed by Elisabeth Deit as Coordinator, will allow a better distribution of tasks internally while offering more personalized services to the organizations and citizens. It will also provide a better overview of the many activities and events produced in our community.
- First Responders will now become part of the newly renamed Public Security Department, whose management remains unchanged and still includes the joint fire departments with the municipality of Lac-Brome.
- The new title of the Public Works Department, Public Works and Fixed Assets, more clearly specifies the department’s additional responsibility for the Town’s real estate. The chief mechanic and mechanic positions, which already existed, are now clearly visible in the organizational chart.
- Urbanism and Land-use Planning Department reflects the overhaul it already underwent last March (see news of February 5, 2021).
- The Communications Department, created in March, now appears in the organizational chart as well, under the responsibility of the Director General.
- Finally, the new title, Registry and Legal Affairs Department, confirms the powers that department already had..
With this reorganization and accompanying redefinition of roles and redistribution of tasks as outlined in the new organizational chart, Sutton’s council and the municipal administration wish to offer their citizens a more satisfying and efficient experience dealing with the town’s departments.