Services to Citizens
Sûreté du Québec
In accordance with the Police Act, the mission of the provincial police force, the Sûreté du Québec, is to:
- Maintain peace, order and public security.
- Prevent and repress crime by:
- ensuring the safety of persons and property;
- safeguarding rights and freedoms;
- respecting and remaining attentive to the needs of victims;
- cooperating with the community in a manner consistent with cultural pluralism.
The Sûreté du Québec also:
- supports the police community;
- coordinates major police operations;
- protects the integrity of government institutions;
- ensures the safety of Quebec’s transportation networks.
The Sûreté du Québec has jurisdiction to enforce law throughout Quebec as well as applicable municipal by-laws in the municipalities in which it provides police services.
Serving, assisting, being useful and reachable are fundamental for the police and civilian members of the force, as evidenced in our daily actions:
- We emphasize collaboration, courtesy and willingness to go the extra mile in order to effectively meet the expectations of citizens, partners and colleagues.
The quality of our individual actions has a direct impact on the reputation of our organization. We are committed to providing top quality services that will serve as a model to the entire police community.
The following link will take you to various bulletins issued by the Sûreté du Québec (in French only)..