Services to Citizens
2023 Tax Payments
1st installment: March 15, 2023
2nd installment: May 12, 2023
3rd installment: August 11, 2023
4rd installment: October 13, 2023
Duties on Transfers of Immovables
Here are the main characteristics of this source of revenue commonly called the "welcome tax" that a municipality must collect under provincial law:
- It is imposed on the purchaser for each real estate transaction based on the standardized value or sale price of the property. The amount of this fee is specified by the notary at the time of the transaction.
- The provincial law and By-law number 292 establish the following rates
- 0.5% of the value of the transaction up to $55,200;
- 1% of the value of the transaction for the portion exceeding $55,200 to a maximum of $276,200;
- 1.5% of the value of the transaction for the portion exceeding $276,500 up to $500,000;
- 3.0% of the transaction value in excess of $500,000.
- If an exemption is applicable, an additional fee is payable in the amount determined by provincial law.
- Official text - Duties on Transfers of Immovables (in French only)