Services to Citizens
2021 Tax Payments
1st installment: March 15, 2021
2nd installment: May 14, 2021
3rd installment: August 6, 2021
Duties on Transfers of Immovables
Listed below are the main aspects of this income source, commonly known as the “welcome tax”, which municipalities are required to collect under provincial legislation:
- For every property transaction, buyers are taxed according to the standardized property value or the sale price of the property. The amount of this duty is indicated by the notary at the time of the transaction.
- Provincial legislation now fixes the rate at
- 0.5% of the transaction value up to $52,800;
- 1% of the transaction value for the above $52,800 and up to $264,000 bracket.
- Municipal By-Law number 292 (in French only) now fixes the rate at
- 1.5% of the transaction value up to $500,000;
- 2% of the transaction value up to $750,000;
- 2.5% of the transaction value up to $1,000,000;
- 3% of the transaction value up to $999,999,999.99.