Services to Citizens
2019 Tax Payments
1st installment: March 15, 2019
2nd installment: May 17, 2019
3rd installment: August 2, 2019
Duties on Transfers of Immovables
Listed below are the main aspects of this income source, commonly known as the “welcome tax”, which municipalities are required to collect under provincial legislation:
- For every property transaction, buyers are taxed according to the standardized property value or the sale price of the property. The amount of this duty is indicated by the notary at the time of the transaction.
- Provincial legislation now fixes the rate at
- 0.5% of the transaction value up to $50,900;
- 1% of the transaction value for the above $50,900 and up to $254,400 bracket.
- Municipal By-Law number 292 (in French only) now fixes the rate at
- 1.5% of the transaction value up to $500,000;
- 2% of the transaction value up to $750,000;
- 2.5% of the transaction value up to $1,000,000;
- 3% of the transaction value up to $999,999,999.99.