Services to Citizens
Regional Ecocentre of Cowansville
Open all year
Monday to Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
* Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
2500 St-Joseph Road, Cowansville
For more information consult the BMVERT.CA website.
Free for all MRC residents.
ACCEPTED ITEMS - RESIDENTIAL ONLY
- RECYCLABLE ITEMS: Paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, metal. No PVC.
- MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS: Pool cover, couch, mattress, porcelain, ceramic, carpet, plaster (gypsum), patio furniture, electrical appliances, razor, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven.
- HHW– Household Hazardous Waste: Paint, oil (in its original container), batteries and fluorescents.
- CRD: Construction, Renovation and Demolition materials, wool, glass, vinyl flooring, PVC, melamine. SHINGLES NOT ACCEPTED.
- ELECTRONIC APPLIANCES: Computers, printers, televisions, cellular phones, DVD, etc.
- METAL: Iron, scrap metal, aluminum, appliances.
- AGGREGATES: Brick, concrete, asphalt, rock.
- CAR TIRES: From cars only (no rims).
- WOOD: Natural wood, branches, tree trunks. Construction wood, 2 × 4, pallet, hard wood furniture. Transformed wood, dyed, treated, painted, MDF.
- Household garbage
- Grass clippings
- Radioactive or biomedical waste
- Ammunition, explosives
- Contaminated soil
- Painting designed for artistic use
- Primer and paint for industrial use (used in factories)
- Railway frame
- Solvent, thinner and stripper
- Paint containing pesticides
- Anti-fouling paint
- Adhesive and glue
- Paint for road work
- Tar product and sealer
- Cleaning products (ex : for patio)
- Fast drying paint
- Gas and combustible
NEW REUSE SPACE FOR SOME MATERIALS at the Cowansville Ecocentre
Construction, renovation and demolition (CRD) materials and bulky items are stored in a separate area so that they can be offered a second life for free.
See the conditions on the bmvert.ca website.
How does it work?
Separate your items before coming to the ecocentre.
Show an ID card and proof of residence.
Separate and put your items in the proper containers.
Residential trailer with maximum volume of 64 ft3
The contents of the trailers accepted at the ecocentre must have a maximum of 64 ft3,
equivalent to a residential trailer of approximately 4 feet x 8 feet x 2 feet (1,8 m3).
Ecocentre attendants reserve the right to refuse a citizen who
does not comply with the guidelines.