Services to Citizens
Closure of the municipal ecocentre in 2020
The Sutton municipal ecocentre will close its doors in 2020. This decision has been taken because conditions required to ensure environmental and economic viability of the project were not met as part of the process to improve the regional ecocentre service. Essentially, the decision to close the Town of Sutton's ecocentre is based on the following considerations:
- The existence of two parallel services, regional (MRC) as regards and municipal, creates confusion as regards the nature of the recyclable materials accepted at each location;
- The objective of municipal recycling being profitable for the preservation of the environment was not met;
- In a context of scarcity of resources, it has become impossible for the Town to find the personnel necessary to provide this service;
- This is part of the policy of reducing costs relating to garbage collection.
In order to ensure the efficient recycling of eligible materials, the Sutton population will be able to continue to use the usual garbage collection services and the services provided by the ecocentre of the MRC of Brome-Missisquoi which are in the process of optimizing their centre (new layout of the site coming in 2020).
MRC Brome-Missisquoi Ecocentre, Sutton Site
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - temporary closure of the ecocentre
Given the current pandemic, schedules can be changed at any time. We therefore refer you to the MRC web page (in French only) concerning the schedules of the local ecocentres and the regional ecocentre. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
260 Road 139 South (municipal garage)
450 538-2290 For more information consult the BMVERT.CA website.
ACCEPTED ITEMS - RESIDENTIAL ONLY
- RECYCLABLE ITEMS: Paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, metal. No PVC.
- MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS: Pool cover, couch, mattress, porcelain, ceamic, carpet, plaster, patio furniture, electrical appliances, razor, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven.
- HHW – Household Hazardous Waste: Paint, oil, (in its original container) batteries and fluorescents.
- CRD: Construction, Renovation and Demolition materials, wool, glass, vinyl flooring, PVC, melamine. SHINGLES NOT ACCEPTED.
- ELECTRONIC APPLIANCES: Computers, printers, televisions, cellular phones, DVD, etc.
- METAL: Iron, scrap metal, aluminium, appliances.
- AGGREGATES: Brick, concrete, asphalt, rock.
- CAR TIRES: (no rims) + GYPSUM.
- WOOD: Natural wood, branches, tree trunks.
- WOOD Q1: Construction wood, 2X4, pallet, hard wood furniture.
- WOOD Q2: Transformed wood, dyed, treated, painted, MDF.
- Household garbage
- Grass clippings
- Radioactive or biomedical waste
- Ammunition, explosives
- Contaminated soil
- Painting designed for artistic use
- Primer and paint for industrial use (used in factories)
- Railway dormants
- Solvent, thinner and stripper
- Paint containing pesticides
- Anti-fouling paint
- Adhesive and glue
- Paint for road work
- Tar product and sealer
- Cleaning products (ex : patio)
- Fast drying paint)
- Gas and combustible
How does it work:
Separate your items before coming to the ecocentre.
Show an ID card and proof of residence.
Separate and put your items in the proper containers.
Residential trailer with maximum volume of 64 ft3
The contents of the trailers accepted at the ecocentre must have a maximum of 64 ft3,
equivalent to a residential trailer of approximately 4 feet x 8 feet x 2 feet (1,8 m3).
Ecocentre attendants reserve the right to refuse a citizen which
does not respect the prescribed dimensions.