Services to Citizens
Urban and Land-Use Planning
The Urban and Land-Use Planning department is responsible for enforcing urban planning by-laws and for organizing and planning the use of the municipality’s land.
- Inform citizens and interested parties about land-use by-laws and the procedures that must be followed before undertaking projects, as well as discretionary by-laws, such as the by-laws on minor exemptions, conditional uses, site planning and architectural integration programs (PIIA), specific constructions, alteration or occupancy proposals for an immovable (PPCMOI), or development site plans (PAE);
- Issue building permits and authorizations following analysis of requests to ensure compliance with by-laws;
- Inspect building or works in progress or completed;
- Assist citizens and interested parties in their efforts to realized various local development projects;
- Receive and process complaints related to land-use by-laws.