Intermunicipal Agreements

The Town of Sutton signed two intermunicipal agreements for leisure activities: one with the Town of Cowansville and one with the Town of Granby.

Town of Cowansville

The agreement exclusively allows permanent residents of Sutton to pay the Cowansville resident rate for the following activities:

  • Minor hockey
  • Figure skating
  • Swimming lessons
  • The Cowansville swim team
  • Specialized courses in rescue – aquatic instructor
  • Football
  • Day camps
  • All other activities offered directly by the Recreation and Culture Department, with the exception of the library.

The reception capacity, however, is established by the City of Cowansville.

Registration procedures

This agreement provides for a registration period reserved for the citizens of Sutton. Please check with the Town of Cowansville to find out about their registration periods:

Please check with the Town of Cowansville for refund and cancellation conditions:

Town of Granby

This agreement allows the citizens of Sutton to participate in the leisure activities of the Town of Granby by benefiting from certain privileges linked to the Granby leisure card for one year (which offers access to sports and leisure facilities, a preferential rate at the Granby zoo, etc.). The privileges associated with the Granby leisure card may be subject to change. Please check with the Town of Granby for more information:.

Veuillez vous informer auprès de la Ville de Granby pour plus d’information :

Presentation of the Granby leisure card is required to access services and activities.

Registration procedures

First send a request for a residence certificate including your information (name, address, telephone number, and email address) to this email address: [email protected]. Once the Town of Sutton has processed your request, you will be contacted for an appointment in order to:

  1. Validate your proof of residence
  2. Sign your certificate
  3. Pay the fees owed to the Town of Sutton relating to the leisure card

The fees owed to the Town of Sutton are in addition to those applicable to activities and payable to the Town of Granby and are established in the by-law decreeing the current fees for the financing of certain goods, services, and activities of the municipality:

Once you have a proof of residence, you can complete the Town of Granby's online form to obtain your leisure card:


Charlotte Jacques

Recreation and Community Life Officer <i class="fas fa-phone"></i> : 450 538-2290 <i class="fas fa-fax"></i> : 450 538-0930