Services to Citizens
The town clerk is responsible for the Town’s legal affairs.
- Support the municipal council’s decision-making process;
- Prepare municipal council meetings and follow up on them;
- Provide administrative support for follow-up on the council’s decisions;
- Manage interventions related to disputed claims;
- Handle legal affairs;
- Apply the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information (Loi sur l’accès aux documents des organismes publics et sur la protection des renseignements personnels);
- Manage and maintain the Town’s archives;
- Draft and review municipal bylaws;
- Prepare and publish legal notices as required by law;
- Draft and review contracts to be signed;
- Manage elections and referendums;
- Manage the municipal insurance portfolio;
- Handle miscellaneous claims.