On the trail of the pioneers: tales of Sutton
Audio guided circuit 1- Free
Principal topics of this fascinating heritage circuit: the religious diversity of the village and the impact of the First World War on its inhabitants.
Do you hear the cries of the colonists' children on their long crossing over the mountains? The beating of drums on the battlefields of the First World War? The sound of horses hooves? And here comes the preacher who will be your guide on this journey of exploration.
It is possible to divide the circuit into four segments and follow each individually however the first stop provides a portrait of the region that will help understand the circuit in its entirety.
You can try a sample of the circuit on the GuidiGo website.
This circuit has been made possible thanks to the financial contribution of the Government of Canada, the Town of Sutton and the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications du Québec.
To add to your experience and learn more about Sutton history, visit the Museum of Communications and History of Sutton.
The permanent exhibition displays more information about the great fire.
The Heritage Sutton Historical Society regularly publishes its History sketchbooks sold in several places in the village or via their website.
Sales points for the History sketchbooks:
- On va s'aimer encore - thrift store: 29 Principale N.
- Le Cafetier: 9 Principale N.
- Tourist Office: 24-A Principale S. (opposite the Town Hall)
Instructions for downloading the audio guide
Circuit 1 - On the trail of the pioneers: tales of Sutton Itinerary:
18 stops | Duration: 2:30| Audio: 65 min
Download the free GuidiGO application.
Use the App Store (for Apple devices) or Google Play (for Android devices).
Download the circuit:
- Once the app is downloaded tap GO Store (Apple) or Discover (Android)
- Choose Pick a place (Apple) or Places (Android).
- Scroll down to Canada and choose Sutton. Pick which of the free Sutton historical circuits you want to download
* If this is your first time using GuidiGO you will need to create an account via e- mail, Facebook or Google.
* We recommend downloading the app and the circuit before coming to Sutton. The download usually takes 10 to 15 minutes but can take up to 40 minutes dependent on the speed of your internet connection. If you are already in Sutton when you decide to follow the circuit the Tourist Office at 24 rue Principle Sud opposite the Town Hall has free Wi-Fi access and can help you out.
You will find your downloaded circuit in the Library (Apple) or My Tours (Android).
These documents are also available at the Tourist Office in Sutton.