- The budget will total $12,020,28.
- The basic property tax rate for all categories will be frozen.
- The tax rate for the debt service payable by all will be frozen.
- The annual residential service cost for recycling and organic matter collections will increase by a total of $9.90.
- The municipal reserves and the government grant received in relation to the pandemic will be used to balance the budget.
A detailed presentation to explain the 2021 budget and the three-year capital expenditure program will take place during the 7:30 p.m. extraordinary council meeting of December 16. It can be watched live, or as a recording, on the Town of Sutton’s YouTube channel which broadcasts all the public council meetings on-line. The information will also be published on the Town’s web site.
All questions regarding the 2021 budget and the 2021-2022-2023 three-year capital expenditure programme must be received by 4 p.m. December 16 using the e-mail [email protected]. Questions about the detailed presentation or received after December 16 will be treated at the council meeting of January 11, 2021.