Filtex : weekly update – August 19 to 23, 2019
- The contractor, B.Frégeau & Fils, Inc., continued to selectively sort any metal in addition to any remaining material containing asbestos.
- All material containing asbestos was removed from the site by the afternoon of Thursday, 22 August.
- The demolished material containing asbestos along with other demolition debris was transported to the subsurface solid waste containment site operated by the RIGMRBM near Cowansville.
- On Friday, 23 August the contractor began to dismantle building number 5, one of the structures next to the railway line.
- For questions or complaints concerning the Filtex demolition please contact the Public Works Secretary, Jessica Savard, by phone at 450 538-2290 or by email to [email protected]
- You can consult the summary of the key facts regarding the demolition process of the former Filtex factory, published 26 July, by clicking here.