Reminder – Free tree distribution in Sutton on Saturday May 20th
As part of Trees and Forests Month and International Biodiversity Day on May 22, the Town of Sutton will be distributing some 400 free hardwood tree seedlings to its residents on Saturday, May 20, 2023, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or until the lot is exhausted.
The distribution will be done by Councillors who wish to take this opportunity to meet citizens.
If you are interested in this offer, please come to Town Hall on Saturday morning and show proof of residence. A maximum of two plants per address and/or owner will be given (bring a bag).
The species offered* will be :
yellow birch trees,
late cherry trees,
bur oaks and red oaks,
red and sugar maples,
white and red pines
*Please note that quantities may vary at the time of tree pick-up. Thank you for your understanding.
These trees are donated by the Ministère de la Forêt, de la Faune et des Parcs and the Association forestière du Sud du Québec.
Tree and Forest Month
In May, we celebrate our trees and forests! More than 1200 festive and educational activities are organized throughout Quebec.
On this occasion, the Government of Quebec has listed several fact sheets on the theme of trees and forests, which might interest you (In French only) :
- Fact sheet Wood in everyday life (PDF 1.06 Mo)
- Fact sheet Trees and wood help slow climate change (PDF 1.19 Mb)
- Fact sheet How to plant a tree (PDF 93 KB)
- Poster Our hardwoods ( 10.31 Mo)
- Poster Our conifers (PDF 8.57 Mb)
- Scheme The essential role of forests and forest products in the fight against climate change (PDF 3.22 Mb)
- The forest demystified: better understanding the forest
- Brochures The surprising applications of wood