Water main break service interruption precautionary boil water advisory – March 16, 2021
Due to a water main break, the Town of Sutton has to carry out work in the sector on March 16th 2021.
There is a temporary interruption of service.
SECTORS: 29 to 53 Maple street; Domaine Mon-Louis street; Des Hérons street; Davis street.
Following this interruption, drinking water in your sector is considered unsafe to drink for at least 96 hours or until further notice.
Do not use tap water unless you have brought your water to a rolling boil for at least one minute, or use bottled water.
For more information, contact us at 450-538-2290.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Previously boiled water, and boiled for at least one minute, must be used for the following purposes until further notice:
• When drinking and preparing beverages;
• When preparing infant formulas and baby food;
• When washing and preparing foods that are eaten raw (fruits, vegetables, etc.);
• When cooking food that does not require a long cooking time (canned soups, desserts, etc.)
• When making ice cubes;
• When brushing your teeth or rinsing you mouth.
Throw out ice cubes (do not forget the refrigerators’ water containers), drinks and foods prepared after the date and time mentioned above.
You may use unboiled tap water for:
• Washing dishes in hot water and drying them well;
• Washing clothes and taking a showing or a bath. When it comes to younger children, make sure that they do not swallow bath water or wash them with a washcloth.
Schools, companies, commercial establishments and institutions which are serviced: please notify your clientele that the water is unsafe for drinking. Close water fountains and post information in locations where water remains available. Furthermore, you should consult the following document:
Sign up for this free service to receive municipal communications in real time! Visit our website at www.sutton.ca to register or call 450-538-2290.