Watering and water consumption
Do you know that the Town’s By-Law number 217 is about water consumption (https://sutton.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Reglement-no-217_Utilisation_eau_potable.pdf)? Do you know that this By-Law has regulations about watering?
Here are the main points to know about this By-Law:
- Watering is only permitted from 7 :00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Sunday, except on rainy days.
- Watering by an automatic sprinkler system is only permitted form 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday and Sunday, except on rainy days.
- Automatic sprinkler systems are subject to other rules and regulations.
- It is forbidden to water a new lawn between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- The Town can forbid all watering in a sector, even for new lawns. Furthermore, there is presently a ban of watering in the Mountain Sector (https://sutton.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Web-public-notice-ban-watering-mountain-1.pdf).
- Do you know that the watering of lawns is the main source of water consumption during summer?
- Do you know that lawns usually need to be watered only once a week?
- Do you know that rain barrels help to reduce water consumption and are a good way to water your garden?
Thank you for your collaboration!