Municipality Week: Did you know that… (1/5)
As part of Municipality Week, from September 10 to 16, the Town of Sutton is sharing with you information about YOUR municipality, YOUR environment.
- The Town of Sutton covers an area of 247.67 km2, making it the largest municipality in the Brome-Missisquoi MRC.
- As part of Tree and Forest Month, the Town of Sutton has distributed some 800 free hardwood and softwood seedlings to its citizens since 2022.
- In May 2023, the Town of Sutton obtained the Communauté bleue certification from the Eau Secours organization, attesting to its renewed commitment to safeguarding common access to water.
- The Town of Sutton distributed its first batch of rainwater harvesting barrels to residents as part of its efforts to preserve water resources.
- For the past two years, the Town of Sutton has taken part in the Dandelion Challenge held in May. It does not cut the grass on its municipal grounds (except sports fields) to allow pollinating insects to feed on the dandelions in the early days of spring.